Tel: 845 240 7306
Fax: 845 240 7307
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Eastern District of New York
Southern District of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals;
U.S. Supreme Court
Dutchess County Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
CPRs Distinguished Panel of Neutrals
Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
Court Appointed Mediator of U.S. District Court
ABA Forum Committees on Franchising and Construction Law
Board of Directors Woodstock Playhouse
Former Board President, Poughkeepsie Day School
Former Board President, Mid-Hudson Civic Center
Vincent L. DeBiase primarily practices in the areas of Business Law and Litigation.
Vincent advises and represents clients in complex business and commercial litigation matters in both federal and state courts, as well as in arbitration. His clients are varied and include major corporations, entrepreneurs, seasoned business owners, and those engaged in new business ventures.
Vincent devotes a substantial portion of his practice to the business and law of licensing and franchising. He is a nationally recognized author on the law of franchising and regularly represents franchisors, franchisees, and distributorships. His franchising-related clients have included many nationally known brands as well as franchise “start-ups.” He advises and represents businesses and individuals in the protection of their intellectual property.
Vincent also represents academic institutions and clients in the construction industry.
- Selected to serve as a mediator by the Chief Federal District Judge of the Southern District of New York, the nations busiest court.
- Successfully represented multiple franchisers in winning injunction relief against “breakaway “ franchises.
- Successfully argued an appeal that “non-reliance waivers” do not violate the New York State Franchise Sales Act. Enfore v. Blimpie Association, 51 AD 3 434.
- Represents major national franchise brands in New York litigated and arbitrated matters.
- Represents start-up and mature franchise systems with state and federal compliance protocols.
- Represents colleges and hospitals in negotiation of multi-million dollar construction contracts.
- New York State Bar Association Publications, “Corporate Counseling”, Contributing Author
- Mathew Bender Publication, “New York Practice Guide: Business and Commercial” (Chapter on Franchising), Contributing Author
- New York State Bar Journal (7/84), “Franchising: A Primer for the General Practitioner in New York”, Contributing Author