35 Market Street
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Tel: 845 240 7316
Fax: 845 240 7317
AREAS OF PRACTICE
State of New York
Southern District of New York
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS
- Major, U.S. Army Reserve JAG Corps
- Dutchess County Bar Association
- Special Prosecutor, Town of Stanford
- Lifetime Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Vestry Member, Millbrook Grace Church
- Youth Soccer Coach, Town of Washington
- Former Trustee, Village of Millbrook
- Former Board Member, Town of Washington Rec. Dep’t.
- Former Board Member, Millbrook Business Association
- Former Active Duty, U.S. Army JAG Corps
- University Of Massachusetts, Amherst, cum laude (2002)
- Albany Law School (2005)
- U.S. Army JAG School Officer Basic Course, Charlottesville (2006)
- U.S. Army JAG School Officer Advanced Course, Charlottesville (2016)
Benefiting from his eight years on active duty as a Judge Advocate in the United States Army Judge Advocate General Corps (JAG), Kyle C. Van De Water is an experienced trial attorney on the Firm’s litigation team. Kyle’s practice focuses primarily on litigation, military law, tax assessments, traffic law, and municipal law.
Kyle prides himself on being accessible to his clients and providing to them honest and frank advice.
Kyle represents individuals and businesses in business disputes, including breaches of contract cases, lien claims, and other commercial transactions. Kyle is adept at using pre-litigation strategies to decide when and how to try cases, while keeping his clients’ business objectives prioritized.
Kyle also represents individuals facing various forms of military disciplinary actions, including courts-martial trials, non-judicial punishment (Article 15s), administrative actions, and honor board proceedings; often being able to resolve these cases outside of the courtroom.
Kyle has experience working as both a trial defense counsel and prosecutor in criminal matters. As someone who has sat on both sides of the aisle, Kyle has acquired a keen sense of awareness, allowing him the opportunity to cultivate, sharpen, and polish his courtroom advocacy skills.
- Won a case on summary judgement and on appeal to recover damages for breach of contract. Wellington Farms of Mass., Inc. v Capital Area Food Bank, 2017 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 8619.
- Successfully settled numerous cases involving business disputes.
- Saved a federal employee doctor’s job by successfully defending her at an administrative credentialing hearing.
- Successfully settled a large guardianship fraud case.
- Prosecuted a drug ring organization while on active duty.
- Contract and Fiscal Law Attorney for the U.S. Forces Afghanistan during the 2010 surge.
- Successfully defended a service member by obtaining an acquittal for sexual assault charges.