Michael G. Gartland is a life-long resident of Poughkeepsie, New York and concentrates his practice in the areas of banking and real estate law.
He has broad based experience representing banks, mortgage companies, and businesses in all aspects of banking law and financial services. This includes commercial lending, structuring and financing of debt, loan workouts, and foreclosures.
Mike’s clients include residential and commercial businesses and individuals both locally and regionally. He also provides guidance and representation to clients on a national level.
Mike also assists real estate developers and individual purchasers and sellers in real estate transactions and financings, as well as matters including zoning, commercial leasing, title insurance, and title disputes.
Additionally, he represents creditors in consumer loan collection.
- Represents academic institutions in tax exempt and bond transactions with New York State Dormitory, Dutchess Industrial Development Agency and Dutchess County Local Development Corporations.
- Represents national and local lenders in secured and unsecured loan transactions.
- Represents national and local lenders in commercial and residential mortgage foreclosure actions.
- Represents major real estate developers in land development issues and sale of homes.
- Represents real estate investors in 1031 tax deferred exchanges nationwide.
Tel: 845 240 7302
Fax: 845 240 7303
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Northern District of New York
Southern District of New York
Dutchess County Bar
New York State Bar
Co-Trustee, James J. McCann Charitable Trust
Vice President, McCann Foundation, Inc.
Board of Trustees, Marist College
Board of Trustees, Charlotte Cunneen-Hackett Charitable Trust
Former Member and Vice Chairman, City of Poughkeepsie Planning Board
Former Member and Chairman, Dutchess County Resources Recovery Agency
Fairfield University (1969);
Albany Law School (1974)